First post - flooring question...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie Mullins

Reaction score
I recently found the site and really like it! I wasn't sure if I'd fit in because I have a ...... fiberglass boat, but have seen a few other posts on here so am hoping I'm safe [-o< . I have what I call a fiberglass John boat, its not like any other I've seen. Of course this is my first boat. Ya'll maybe be able to give me more info on the boat in general, its a 70's model Bass Buster - I think. Its 14'&7" long, and about 55" wide at the floor. Its nice and stable with pretty deep sides. I tried to post a couple below. It was last owned by a duck hunter, the blind is in the photos, its now gone.

boata.jpg

boatb.jpg

The reason for my post is the flooring in the boat is weakened / soft is some places and going to need to be replaced soon. It looks to be fiberglass. The storage compartment, live well and console all seem to be molded right to the floor. I need some guidance here on how to tackle this job.

As a next project - I would like to possible add a deck or more storage, but I have to have a solid floor.

Looks pretty good. You'll probably find that you will have to take out the carpet and stuff before anyone can give you a good idea on what to do. It's hard to guess when we can't see the issue. The deck in the rear will be an easy fix but to brace and replace your floor will be an undertaking. You may have to replace the stringers under the floor (hopefully not though). You'll need to pull out your console, seats etc to get a better idea of what you will need to do. Keep posting and add pictures as often as possible. All the guys on here will ring in.

Latest posts