How did you mount your bow mount TM to your semi V?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick James

Reaction score
I've looked through the project threads, and seen some ideas, but I'm hoping to gather a few more here.

Any thoughts and/or pics you can share that outline exactly how you did this?

Rick James said:
I've looked through the project threads, and seen some ideas, but I'm hoping to gather a few more here.

look on my build, thats really the best way to do it. I thought about it a long time and after looking at all the options this one seemed best.

Troutman3000 said:
Rick James said:

look on my build, thats really the best way to do it. I thought about it a long time and after looking at all the options this one seemed best.

Yours only falls second to mine.... same concept but fully aluminum :lol: JK

perchin said:
Troutman3000 said:
Rick James said:

True - I am not a master alluminist like you, however the concept is the same.

perchin said:
quote]

True - I am not a master alluminist like you, however the concept is the same.[/quote]

:LOL2: if ya can't see the humor i'm sorry. (JK like above stands for Just Kidding)

perchin said:
perchin said:
quote]

True - I am not a master alluminist like you, however the concept is the same.

:LOL2: if ya can't see the humor i'm sorry. (JK like above stands for Just Kidding)[/quote]

No I was laughing at my desk.... does this help? :lol:

Troutman3000 said:
Rick James said:
So to clarify, both of you used a rivet gun for attaching the platform that your trolling motor mount went on?

No i used stainless steel bolts through the gunnels.

Where they toggle bolts that opened inside, or did you drill through the bottom and attach a bolt? My gunnels are round, not sure a nut on the bottom is a good idea. I'm wondering if anyone makes a small size stainless toggle............I'd prefer to do mine out of wood vs. aluminum just because I have a half sheet of 3/4" hardwood sanded ply that I can throw some Thompsons on quickly...........

You should be able to find 1/4 20 SS toggle bolts that will fit inside the gunnel's.... I used rivets becuase I was only going through 1/4" + the gunnel thickness. Good luck to you sir. Here is a link to a good place to look for your toggle bolts.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#

bobberboy said:
However you mount it, if you have navigation lights and fish at night, make sure that the motor or the mount doesn't obscure the bow light.

Yes, already thought of that. I don't see myself fishing much at night, but I plan to install one of those 14" removable pole lights on the bow to raise itself above the trolling motor mount.

simple aluminum brace with the trolling motor on the bow part and the brace, used stainless screws to mount brace and trolling rubber screw mounts to mount motor to both...pics on my mod

Latest posts