Bed Liner

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyjay75

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to convert a mid 80's Starcraft Bassboat from side console to a center console. After I gut the boat, I was wondering if using spray in or rollon bed liner, will help with noise and keep me from having to recarpet the boat? Also, if anyone can post some close up pics of their center consoles, I would appreciate it, I am still looking for design ideas. Thanks, Jay

I like the spray liner in my boat.

It deadens sound and stays much cooler than the painted surfaces of the same color. Plus, I can roll it through the carwash or break out the pressure washer and have it looking brand new in 5 minutes or less.

I would not suggest black if you decide to do it (mine is OD green and camo'd). You can get it in multiple colors.

Ok thanks, I wasn't gonna do black. I was thinking a light green or grey. Did you spray it or have it professionally done. I don't have any painting tools or the room in my garage, so I'll have to take it somewhere.

This always puzzles me....... I also was thinking about doing this for my build but opted for carpet. When I was going to do it, I found the majority of people on here said not to do it cuz it will end up peeling. It was going to cost me around $150 in supplies and then all my time in prep work and application. I got a quote from the local body shop that did my Line-X truck bedliner, and they said they would do it in grey for $225. That's with them doing all the prep and work. I went with carpet because of my budget. I'll know next time when I do it though that for another $75 the pro's can do it..... and far better than some store brand roll on stuff. Just my .02

I have a 14' Starcraft and have changed from the old cable and pulley steering to rotary and have also been looking for ideas on a console. I had a recent post asking for ideas, but no replies. I think a lot of guys have tiller steer. I have been playing around with "google sketch" to get a basic design. I also want to incorperate a storage space for small tool box,etc. I hope to have most of it done by this weekend and will try to post pictures.

I'm also going with some sort of bed liner, instead of carpet. I will be doing it myself because I can't find a place to have it done in my area. ( unless I want black ).

Finally everything is starting to move foward. Boat is gutted and plywood is down. Sure are a lot of little things that pop up along the way. Guess you can tell it's my 1st mod. ](*,) Good luck on your project, hopefully we'll both gitt'er done. :beer: