piece of wood on the transom of lowe jon boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassBlaster

Reaction score
That heads on the bolts were countersunk on the piece I took off my boat and I planned to just countersink them when I replace it. Its 3/4" wood and the bolt heads are very small so I dont see how countersinking them would be a problem.

My Lowe was the same way, the bolts interfeared with a good tight fit of the motor. I ask a mech. at the dealer and he told me to either couinter sink them, cut a new piece of wood and move the screws out farther, sealing up the old holes first of course. But deffinatly not to just remove it. The wood acts as a cushion between your transum and the motor mount. He said if I removed it that the vibration of the motor would eventually rub through the transum. An expensive fix, sheaper to replace the wood. the wood alows the motor mount to bite in and grip also, that is why the manufacture put ribs on the transum bracket. I pluged the small holes with rtv and moved the screws out so the bracket would miss them and the motor would snug down properly. Just my two cents worth LOL :D