Stability and which would be better in the long run?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUNDA12

Reaction score
Okay, I own a Lund A-12 semi-v that I put a floor and a bow mount trolling motor in this past winter. It has a 9.9 merc and a 44 pound bow mount. I hung the floor on aluminum rail just above the real boat floor. I have a chance to buy a newer Lowe 1436L jon boat with a merc 9.9 and a floor already in it with a transom mount 50# Which one do you guys think would be the most functional. The lund seems tight with two guys and tackle. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
look forward to your resonses.
LundA12 :?:

You'll have more room in the 1436. If you have the means get (if it's a good deal). Fish in a bit and compare to your current V-12. Then keep the one you like most and sell the other.

Thank you for the reply. The lund is a solid boat but i need more room for gear. The boat, trailer, motor, t/motor is 1,950.00 the boat is a 2008. I am concerned about the stability of the jon-boat.
LundA12

LUNDA12 said:
Thank you for the reply. The lund is a solid boat but i need more room for gear. The boat, trailer, motor, t/motor is 1,950.00 the boat is a 2008. I am concerned about the stability of the jon-boat.
LundA12

Thats an ok deal, seems a little high for a 1436. You can get a brand new 1436 (boat only for) for $650 or get 1542 for $1000. I would maybe shop around a little longer. It you want the 1436 maybe just buy the new one and use the motor and trailer you have for the new boat. Just an idea.

Latest posts