Online Aluminum Purchase?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilmutt

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with ordering aluminum online from https://www.onlinemetals.com? I used the search function and found a few results, but they were rather old. The prices on this site are much better then anything I can find locally. Thanks for any help.

The way I look at it (up-side down and backwards cause I'm a squid). Make a small order and see how it goes. No tax, it comes to your door (no gas, no time). Factor in shipping. It looks like a cool site. When it arrives it's kinda like Christmas or Birthday or something. Let us know how it goes. Thanks for the site.

I've ordered online and I'm pretty sure this was the place. I ordered architectural square tube and angle and they cut to length and shipped with no problem. I haven't priced in a while but remember their pricing was ok.

I've checked the prices of aluminum at Home Depot, Fastenal, and Mc Neilus, this site has prices that are about half of what I can get locally.

devilmutt said:
I've checked the prices of aluminum at Home Depot, Fastenal, and Mc Neilus, this site has prices that are about half of what I can get locally.

I can't remember how much shipping was but maybe you'll save some dough and they also have a much larger selection than Lowes, HD or Menards. I can't remember if McMaster-Carr has aluminum shapes or not but they're a great resource for hardware and all things mechanical.

Survive the storms down there?

After seeing this post earlier, I jotted down some of their prices to compare to a local supplier and they are about 1/4 to 1/3 cheaper then the local place. Definatley seems like a good place to do business with. Kinda has me thinking about doing all the bracing for my mod in aluminum angle and square tubeing.

Hi guys,

Check out Yarde.com also.
This is where I purchase most of my thick aluminum for my projects.

There is the section in Yarde where they sell cutoffs they call it the Drop Zone. Very good prices.

Click on the web address to the right> https://yarde.com/cgi-bin/dropzone.pl

Henry

bobberboy said:
devilmutt said:

I can't remember how much shipping was but maybe you'll save some dough and they also have a much larger selection than Lowes, HD or Menards. I can't remember if McMaster-Carr has aluminum shapes or not but they're a great resource for hardware and all things mechanical.

Survive the storms down there?
The storm stayed to the west of us, it sounds like some of the small towns west of Albert Lea got hit real bad. I work in Hayward and the sirens went off most of my shift. The Home Depot in Albert Lea made the decision to stay open all night so people could get the supplies they need.

Back to the Aluminum...I've been bouncing back and forth between wood and aluminum, I made the decision to go with wood on this project. I'd like to pick up a mod v in the future and use aluminum on that. For the current build it's a matter of the budget, and having the materials in hand for my upcoming week of vacation.

Well, after kicking the idea around I just order some aluminum to experiment with on the boat. If all goes well might convert the mod to aluminum for all the bracing. The link should be posted in the mods/material section if it hasn't been already. Total order was about $50 to for my entire front deck. :)

I just used the online feature, I called the 1-800 # to confirm shipping prior to completing order. Then I completed it online paid with the MC. Shipped via UPS ground. Should be here in 5 days or less. I ordered the 2" square edges angle. Was very painless.