Spud Poles

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have them on their boats? I think it would be a great idea instead of an anchor. Consider it a poor mans power pole? :D

https://info.madduckoutdoors.com/index.php?q=node/9

Thought about mounting a power pole to my tin at some point. I'm sure somebody will do it! Spud pole seems to be a much more economical (but less cool) alternative! :LOL2:

Very interesting idea and a funny name to boot. I can see where it would have an great application while hunting. You'd have to have a really long pole though to dig in where i fish!

Jim - Like how you post "off the wall" stuff up here sometimes. Thinking outside the box is never a bad thing. The more ideas we have, the better our understanding of how to make our tinboats better!

I don't have them but know a few people that do for duck hunting. They say that they work well.

I won a powerpole as a door prize last fall and installed it over the winter.
It has already come in handy fishing boat docks in the wind.
I don't think i would ever pay the listed price of $1500 but for free is is a great prduct

I've been designing something in my head like that recently. I already have a 16' aluminum pool pole in my boat that I use to push sometimes, so I think I am going to build a bracket on the bow to accept that like they are doing with the "spud pole". There are a lot of ways you could do it. They also make something for kayaks that is a readily deployable stainless telescoping pole rigged to a pulley - the idea being the stainless pole can be heavy enough to anchor a small kayak with just its weight. Youd have to put a few more pounds on that design to work on a tin boat, but it could be done.

Never even considered it for the stability part, I was thinking how perfect is it when you pull into shallow 5-8 foot deep cove you can drop the pole down and the boat will not drift from it's spot.

Latest posts