Any one else have a Alumacraft Crappie Jon Jr.?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwew

Reaction score
I have a 1995 Alumacraft Crappie Jon Jr. and I would like to know if anyone else has one.
Also I would like to see how others like it.

I run it with a 2009 Yamaha 15 2-stroke and it moves along at 28 mph with all gear and myself in it. And it scoots along at 23 mph with all gear, my wife, daughter and myself. Even though it is rated for 20 hp I don't think it needs it. I don't think I want to go faster in this size boat even though it has additional weight being a dressed up 1436 MV style front end jon boat.

Even though I am used to V-bottom boats I enjoy this boat very much. Here is some info about the boat it is the one on the very top in the bottom picture.

Henry

Attachments

• Crappie Jon Jr.jpg
    Crappie Jon Jr.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2,073
  • Crappie Jon Jr. 2.jpg
    Crappie Jon Jr. 2.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2,076
I have an 'ol '88 MV 1470. Yep, 70inch beam on a 14' jon. I like like like my alumacraft. All weld. No leaks. I run a Yamaha 25hp and it too scoots. If you mod yours, I don't think you can bring the deck all the way up to the gunnals but that don't mean you can't trick it out. Look at thread "New Member and New Old Boat Project" I think. Now that's a mod.

Hi tccanoe,

I seem to like the boat just the way it is. I did make a winch mount for the winch. It is somthing that works great and I never saw anything like it anyplace.

I will post pictures of it when I get new batteries for the camera.

Henry

Henry Old Chum,
If you like your boat the way it is, nothing wrong with that. But over time and looking through this site, the mod bug may bit. Alumacraft are good boat and you can't go wrong with one. Keep in touch.

Latest posts