Neat Aluminum Cat- Hull Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
Boat guy out near my house took this in on trade. It has a Tohatsu 30 hp motor. It is 10'6" long and 5'6" wide and 28" deep. It is a neat little rig. Was made in Florida and seems to be very well put together. All aluminum, the transom is made from two pieces of aluminum solid bar it measure about 2"x8" and runs the entire width of the boat. You straddle the tunnel and sit on kind of like a jet ski. It even has sponsons on the back.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

I'm thinking about getting it, would be a neat rig to fish from when by myself. I can only imagine that it must run pretty shallow and has to bas solid as a rock when it comes to stability.

Attachments

• IMG00391.jpg
    IMG00391.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG00389.jpg
    IMG00389.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG00388.jpg
    IMG00388.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG00387.jpg
    IMG00387.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,139
  • IMG00386.jpg
    IMG00386.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,139
I would get it just because its a cool little boat! I don't know about running shallow though. Cats are known for stability but not necessarily shallow running. The Texas Sled runs shallow, but it is an inverted Vee more than a true Cat. I don't think the pictures do it justice; maybe I need to come up to Lake Waco and we can try it out?!

It sure looks cool, and if I had the money I would buy it just based on that.

It would be the last thing I would get for running shallow rivers. The main value of a cat is at rest stability, smooth ride, efficiency (per foot of boat, the cat needs much less hp for the same speed), etc. I personally see the offshore boat market heading more and more to cats in the upcoming years. I'm not sure when they will make it to the inshore boats and such, but there certainly is benefit if you wanted to make one yourself.

Any chance you can get better pictures? I'd love to see more of it.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do some swapping and get it. It ought to be a hoot. Defiantly will get some odd looks I bet too. With the 30 on it I bet it really scoot across the water. Its like an aluminum version of a bass buster.

Been out of town shooting a new video for Catapilar in the Houston port area. Haven't had the greatest internet connection. Before I came down here I traded for the boat. Kinda excited about that. Should be an interesting endeavor.

Latest posts