splash well modification?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregk9

Reaction score
I’m considering buying this boat but as you can see, it has a ginormous splash well:

alumacraft2.jpg

And no aft casting deck:

92alumacraft.jpg

So the plan would be to cut down the back of that splash well 10 to 12 inches and make about a 2 foot deck, half going into the cockpit, half going into the splash well towards the transom. I'll either make a new back for the splashwell or just leave the overhang.

Seem doable?

Yes sir, just make sure that you brace it between the gunnels to keep the aft from flexing and brace the front and rear of the deck to support the weight.

Are you planning on carpeting that deck? wet carpet can get slippery, I would maybe coat it with a non slip paint or light colored bed-liner so you don't go swimming while standing on it.

I couldn't help but notice.... Are those two different boats??? The first picture looks like it has a couple of older motors. The second picture looks to have a couple of newer Mercs. on it. Also the first picture does not have a motorized anchor lift, but the second picture does.

Latest posts