which bed liner has the most rubber?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roughnecknc

Reaction score
Hello to everyone and first off I'd like to say what a great site this is for aluminum boat info. Like many others I already have gotten countless ideas from reading so many posts on here. But I still have an unanswered question about the bed liners so many are using on the interiors of boats...even after using the search posts function for hours.

My question is which self applied bed liner product has the most "rubbery" feel to it? the products i'm debating over are mainly Durabak, Grizzly Grip, and Kiwi Grip. If anyone has any other products suggestions by all means let me know! Like many others i fish mostly barefoot and would like something that is non slip but also soft on the feet and very low abrasiveness. I've contacted both durabak and grizzly grip and they both kinda say it has no rubbery feel or at least not spongy at all....and thats really what i want. I requested sample chips from durabak but havent got them yet.

Like i said I know all the other plus/minus of using a bedliner inside a boat...just wondering which is the most comfortable to walk/ stand on? I would be willing to compromise the slip resistant factor in order to achieve more comfort.

Oh btw the boat mod is a 1998 Roughneck 1542 mod v. I've already modified it once and used carpet which is great other than it stays wet and dirty and doesnt last long. I'm planning on doing more than 2 coats to hopefully :? achieve a more rubbery feel to it. Thanks again for all the ideas :)

:USA1: ...... :WELCOME: aboard!!!

All of the Bed liners I know of harden up rock solid after a couple of months of UV exposure. Although I'm not familiar with Kiwi brand. But a true bed-liner is designed to harden up, in order to protect your truck's bed.

I can't answer your question about self applied but Rhino Linings has the market cornered for the softest of the aftermarket/commercial installed liners.

You might try to contact Triton and see what brand they use. The lining that came in my boat has a rubbery consistency.

Welcome aboard.

I don't know the answer and am myself looking for a carpet alternative.

Other than the bedliners...Have you touched any of the marine vinyl? I would call it "spongy". At least the stuff I've seen in the Trackers at BPS. It was textured, and looked like it would work good. Just not sure how versatile it is for installation applications.

The vinyls are decent but have a tendency to pull up if the glue job is poorly done (or waterproof glue isn't used).

brine- I've seen the vinyl that you're referring to on a few boats, and im sure it works good for certain people. i guess I'm asking for too much bc the main reason i wanted to use a bed liner type substrate is to get away from the upkeep common to most flooring. I really want to just be able to hose the stuff down after a day of fishing and not worry about water getting underneath the carpet/ vinyl and the upkeep involved. thanks for the suggestion though.

quackrstackr- i think it may have been a triton boat that i've seen/felt the "rubbery" type of liner im looking for. unfortunately im almost positive this type is sprayed and most likely cant be DIY. I know how much rhino liners cost and that is way out of my price range.... i have a hard time spending nearly as much on a liner as i paid for the bare boat originally...but you're probably right about the rhino being the softest.

For those of you that have used Durabak and Grizzly Grip, is it any softer than just bare aluminum to stand on? i know its not nearly as hot in the sun... but does it really feel much different when standing on it?

thanks again

I am curious as to if Rhino linner has a different formula for a boat????? I just this winter had rhino linner put into my truck, it is already solid as a rock. My last truck had Line-X, it to was solid as a rock. If I do another boat mod I would like to do the same thing if there is a soft formula. :-k

perchin said:
I am curious as to if Rhino linner has a different formula for a boat????? I just this winter had rhino linner put into my truck, it is already solid as a rock. My last truck had Line-X, it to was solid as a rock. If I do another boat mod I would like to do the same thing if there is a soft formula. :-k

It looks like they have 3 different formulas now. I bet you got the Hardline formula that is more like Line-X. The Toughgrip is more along the lines of their original formula.

im not exactly sure what brand i put on the bottom of mine but i bought it at lowes. it's rock hard. i would imagine any truck bed liner is going to be rock hard. that's kinda the point of it. but i could be wrong. if you find some, let me know

Latest posts