New member, new boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chavist93

Reaction score
Hi, fellas. I just registered, but have been a long time lurker, and have learned a great deal from this site. I'm not new to tin boats by any means, in fact it's all I have used all my life. My primary boat is an 03 Triton 1440MV with an 02 25hp Mercury 2 stroke.

For a while now I've been wanting a light 12' boat to get a few places that my heavy welded Triton can't, place you have to get out and pull the boat across. Today I picked up what I think was a great deal. It's an 87 Lowe 1236 with an 86 Mercury 9.9 and Wesco trailer. I ended up getting it for $1200 and it's in amazing condition for its age. The Merc runs like a new one and I dont think there is even a dent in the boat. Even has a factory livewell which I have never seen on a 12' boat. I will get a few pics and post up later tonight. There are a few small things I want to do to it, but It is pretty much ready to fish as is.

I just want to say what a GREAT site, and I look forward to learning much more here.

So here are the pics. She's a little dirty, but will clean up nice. He had the boat setup for crappie fishing at night, note the lantern holders. Neat setup, but I am going to remove it because I rarely do that type of fishing. The only thing I really want to do is rewire it.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Not sure if this is factory, or if the owner did it. I'm thinking it's not factory, but a well done job by the previous owner.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Yep, that rig is very clean. Sweet!
You're right, I wouldn't have expected a factory live well. Are you gonna keep the rod holders rack? I think they may come in handy.

jasper60103 said:
Yep, that rig is very clean. Sweet!
You're right, I wouldn't have expected a factory live well. Are you gonna keep the rod holders rack? I think they may come in handy.

Thanks! I will keep the rack, but for the type of fishing I'll be doing out of this righ, I doubt I will ever use it.

moi said:
:USA1: Sweet lookin' rig........and the shop ain't too shabby either. :beer:

Please excuse the mess. It's a result of too many projects, too little time. ](*,)