anyone applied hydro-turf over drizzly grip/ durabak?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roughnecknc

Reaction score
hey folks-
i am preparing my rig to be mostly covered on the inside with grizzly grip and i think applied thick it is going to work out good for what i need. however i would really like to have some areas in the boat have Hydro-Turf over it ( i.e. on edges of deck or directly on the center of the deck to be like a standing mat).

Has anyone tried to apply HT onto a durabak'd type surface or grizzly grip?
I realize this sounds kinda backwards but just wondering how it would work out or how it has for others that may have done it?
Searched many threads on Hydro turf but none that i found spoke of applying it in this manner. ....thanks for your comments

I'm sure you can do it, but I think you would have to use something like carpet glue to keep it down - or sand down the places where you want to apply it if you use the self-adhesive backing or spray glue

actually ya i did that. i originally had durabak on my decks in my boat but switched to hydroturf when i redid my decking with aluminum. part of the front deck didn't get replaced and still had the durabak on it. that section of durabak was pretty worn from uv exposure and traffic and i just used contact cement on it just like the rest of the boat. i haven't had any adhesion problems after a year's abuse.. however i would follow russ's advice and either sand those portions or use a thicker carpet glue.

Latest posts