MinnKota TALON Shallow Water Anchor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Power Pole has some competition in the future!

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/company/pressroom/current/07-2010-Talon.aspx

TalonICast.jpg

TalonIcast2.jpg

I like them... but I can buy another boat for that price

I guess I'm going to have to rig up a spade type anchor out of steel pipe, put some holes in it and push a pin through it... but hardly ever am I anchored in water less than 20+'

I can't see myself paying that much for a Hydraulic Stick in the water. Why does something like this cost so much more than a trolling motor?

I guess it's about time Power Pole got some competition :) .

"The Brake" looks to be a great alternative. I'd prefer the bracket that attaches to the boat to be metal if I was ordering one. Does everything have to be plastic these days!?

Waterwings said:
Does everything have to be plastic these days!?

It (plastic in gizmos) pays a lot of my bills but I agree with you. I would rather have a metal bracket for strength (depending on the metal and the method of manufacture) but it would likely cost a lot more.

Quackrstackr said:
Waterwings said:
Does everything have to be plastic these days!?

It (plastic in gizmos) pays a lot of my bills but I agree with you. I would rather have a metal bracket for strength (depending on the metal and the method of manufacture) but it would likely cost a lot more.

I'm just thinking how the bracket will be the part taking the most stress. When the boat moves/pivots around the pole, the anchor points where it is attached to the boat will be torqueing/twisting, so metal (stainless) would be a better choice.

The plastic bracket looks strong enough to hold those big saltwater boats, I think it will hold our boats just fine. The best part is you can throw the pole in the rod locker when you are done.

If someone was really motivated to do so, they could fab an automatic shallow water anchor that runs on a 12v motor for much less than the power poles.

Latest posts