Front mounted/hull shaped fuel tank?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRS62

Reaction score
Hello all. I have been trolling the site for a few days and absolute love it! The quality of work you guys put in your boats is amazing and inspiring. I have soooo many new ideas for my boat now!

Anyway, for my first post I would like to ask you guys know of any aftermarket solutions for a front mounted fuel tank. When fully fueled up and 2 adults in the seats, my boat is a little rear heavy. I thought I might easily address this by moving the fuel tank up front. It has been recommend by some that I should try moving a similar weight before I do this (and I do plan to test it.)

Here is a pic of my front deck which is mostly empty underneath. I would like to get a tank that is shaped to fit the shape of the modified V. Do any of you guys have a tank like this already??

Thanks!

KRS

What I have seen a lot of people do is put the Batteries Up front and the Fuel tank in the back. Probably a cheaper solution than getting a custom Fuel tank.

Sorry about that...here you go.

Attachments

• boat 005.JPG
    boat 005.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 903
altimas said:
What I have seen a lot of people do is put the Batteries Up front and the Fuel tank in the back. Probably a cheaper solution than getting a custom Fuel tank.

I do have the trolling motor battery up there. It would be an easy mod to put the main battery up there too. While less weight, it would be a lot easier than a fuel tank!

KRS

I have two batteries up front for a 24v TM and my 12 gal fuel tank and I could still use some weight forward. I think you would be fine.

https://www.amazon.com/Moeller-Marine-Below-Permanent-13-Gallon/dp/B000MTI12I/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1279304389&sr=8-2

IS what I am looking at using, but I was planning on putting mine in the back. When you say you have to much weight in the back are you having problems getting on plane? Maybe a HP issue... I donno, just throwing up ideas.

On my 1436 jon I have a 12 gallon topsider tank under a small deck up front. I have a 25 HP motor and one battery and me in the back I weigh 200lb's

Latest posts