Where to buy Steering system for my 1974 50HP Johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WISHBONE

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I dont know if I will ever be done with this project but I think I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

I am needing to locate the parts to install on my engine for the steering system. My local marine store that works on all boats but specializes in Johnson said it would cost me around $250-$300. I wanted to do some research of my own to see what was out there and what components I would need.

Has anybody else on here install one? What do I need and what are the pieces called so I can do some research on prices and locations of parts?

I am looking for the complete system. The motor has that tube through the engine mount that from what I am told a bar goes through it to fix the system to the motor!

Try E bay or Overton. I too need steering for my 64 reliant. Can get the system including the steering wheel in some packages. Depends on what you are looking for. Hydraulic steering is expensive.

Latest posts