Wooden side console, anyone build one? I JUST DID

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty.hook

Reaction score
I am still working on my small wooden console to mount my depth finder, GPS on top, and front panel to mount 2 switches for my lights and bilge pump. I had asked for any pics, plans and ideas in four different fishing forums and got nothing, so i just built my own from 1" cedar, then 2 coats of varathane sanded in between coats, and then painted. Still need to paint inside and do some touch ups. Two items on top are mounted, but not the 2 switches yet or the wiring. Achored to bottom plywood and side with long screws. The motor is a tiller, but i had these items left over from another boat I had sold. So I needed someplace to mount them. See pics below.
P.S. The bright line on the side is from the sun coming thru my cedar fence.

Attachments

• con1.jpg
    con1.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 860
  • con2.jpg
    con2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 860
  • con3.jpg
    con3.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 860
  • con4.jpg
    con4.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 860
  • con5.jpg
    con5.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 860
  • con6.jpg
    con6.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 860
  • con7.jpg
    con7.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 860
Wow! Thats awesome!

That's exactly what i want to do with my boat. Im gonna have a trolley motor off the back and the rear seat offset to the right a bit and i've always had an idea to create a mini-console for GPS, Fish-finder, possible stereo, tray for miscellaneous, hooks for keys, whatever, and it would be a good place to store a dry box for essentials like title, registration, or other important documents or items. And a convenient place to attach fire extinguisher or other safety related items.

Im glad i saw someone make one, now i have a bit of an idea of what to base mine off.

Thanks for posting! =D>

Im in the process of moving my battery to the console now. I just installed a male plug on the bow mounted troll motor and put a receptable on the front of the front deck so I can unplug the power if needed. Have run the wires down the sides thru the ribs to hook up the battery. Dept finder, lights, troll motor and bilge will all run off this big battery. I have 2 seat mounts in the back, one set to the side, other in the middle for a person the fish, and one in the front. My bow mounted fold out out troll motor is hand operated. I have installed a off/on foot operated switch on the deck to turn off and on. I just set the speed and direction of the motor, and control movement by the switch. The hand operated motor with fold out bracket is approx $200.00 or more cheaper than the foot operated troll motor, besides, ya dont have all those big cables and etc on a little deck. I will also add a small storage compartment in the console also. I will carpet the entire boat later. If anyone want more pics when I get them, I need yalls email, thanx.

Latest posts