WOW THIS STINKS!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sum-kina

Reaction score
i just realized my boat has no serial number!
got it from a buddys family member who had it on there farm pond for yrs... what should i do or what do i have to do is the better question? :-k

didnt even look at this when i got it, i was just excited to finally have a tin!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

ANY IDEAS???

Each state is different so you will need to check with the Ga DNR, they can issue you a number under certain circumstances. I am checking into this also since I have a number with a BOS but it is not notorized and the seller had no papers. They labeled my trailer as "homemade" but that was with Gwinnett county tag office, not the DNR

Howard said:
Each state is different so you will need to check with the Ga DNR, they can issue you a number under certain circumstances. I am checking into this also since I have a number with a BOS but it is not notorized and the seller had no papers. They labeled my trailer as "homemade" but that was with Gwinnett county tag office, not the DNR

i thought i might have to contact the dnr...no big deal just didnt know which route to go! thanks for the advice..

where are you located at in ga howard?

I am in Dacula. I just sent the DNR a email to ask them of my situation. You can do the same at https://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/800

Yeah - similar boat - looks like we got a number - the boat has a number on it an a 1998 tag but apparently the guy who had it originally's father died. gave it to the son. son sold it - etc etc..lol

Mine doesn't have one either, but my registration has the hull number on it so I think I'll engrave it somewhere. I'm guessing it was on the transom at some point and it's not the original transom.

sum-kina said:
got it from a buddys family member who had it on there farm pond for yrs... what should i do or what do i have to do is the better question? :-k

didnt even look at this when i got it, i was just excited to finally have a tin!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

ANY IDEAS???

Do you know if it has ever been registered?

Do you have a notarized Bill of Sale?

Are you willing to register it as homemade?

I can help you through this process. I had a time getting my tin registered and I know all the ins and outs.

I would suggest recording your phone calls with them or at least gettting the persons name that you talk to, different people will tell you different things.

Troutman - whats the diff in the DNRs eyes between a Notarized BOS and a Witnessed BOS?

MadCatX said:
Troutman - whats the diff in the DNRs eyes between a Notarized BOS and a Witnessed BOS?

A notary is someone that is certified to witness a signature. You basically pay a fee to the state and get your records checked and thats it.

A witness could be anyone.

Troutman3000 said:
sum-kina said:

ANY IDEAS???

Do you know if it has ever been registered?

Do you have a notarized Bill of Sale?

Are you willing to register it as homemade?

I can help you through this process. I had a time getting my tin registered and I know all the ins and outs.

I would suggest recording your phone calls with them or at least gettting the persons name that you talk to, different people will tell you different things.

i dont have a bill of sale...the boat was givin to me by a friends family member! just told me to take it cause they were fillin in the small pond. but whats the process of registerin it as homemade??

I will let Trout speak on it because hes been jam up on advice, but I believe that a Ranger will need to inpsect it to give you a Hull ID Number, then from that I think they can issue you a Registration.

I called DNR again and they want a rubbing off our HULL of the HIN number...problem is one of the numbers is not pulling well. We are going to take to a ranger for advice...