An amazing deal...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
Well before I even bought my tin a buddy of mine's father had a tin. I asked him several times if he wanted to sell it but he would not. So now after I bought mine and started fixing it up...he wants to sell his. I'm really tempted to buy this one and have 2. But would most likely sell the 14'.

1994 All Weld 1652(maybe even bigger...this boat is huge)
1994 Trailer...not sure what kind
1994 Tohatsu 9.8 with carb kit and hydrfoil.
45lb thrust foot controlled trolling motor.

Only downside is the floor needs to be replaced. They had a 4x8 sheet of plywood on top of a piece of foam for a floor.

I called him today and asked him what it would take to get it off his hands...$1500.

I really want to buy it lol.

Where I live that deal is probably worth twice that as long as the motor runs good. I wouldn't think twice about buying it. Building a new floor is cheap :shock:

It sounds like a good deal for sure. Another thing to consider is mixing and matching what you have now with it. If your trailer or motor are newer or bigger or anything, strip out what you bought and make the package that will fit you best. I did that with my old boat and really like the features I carried over onto my new rig.

Sounds like a great deal, but doing business with friends could ruin a friendship. Could that be the reason he was reluctant to sell it to you in the first place? Just my opinion.

Really depends on the market where you're at. Here in MI I got my 1648 with a 40 horse for the same price... but chances are high that our economy is worse than yours :roll:

tohatsu.jpg

He said the motor was supposed to be kitted...but after I talked to him about how it ran he says he does not think it is. He had to add the hydrofoils to get the boat to plane.

joesboat.jpg

Needs a little cleaning...

joesboat2.jpg

3 seats...pedistals and mounts...rod holders