Boat seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BottomDweller

Reaction score
Can any of you recommend a good cushioned boat seat at $50 or less? I see some different ones for sell i.e. Wise and Attwood. Bass Pro Shops also have some. My brother and I will need a seat that looks decent but also will support more than 250 lbs.

Tempress, a little more money,last set lasted 15 years uncovered,just bought new ones on BPS and are comfortable allll day long even for me and im bigger than 250...lol

My rig came with the Wise seats and my wife and I find them uncomfortable after a few hours of sitting on them. I'm 6'1", 185lbs, and the seats kill me after a while. They're the entry-level seats, and I probably should have sprung for something different, but was watching our $$ when we purchased the boat. We had Tempress seats in the Bass Tracker we used to own, and those were much more comfortable, and seemed to be built better. Shaped and padded better than the Wise. In the future sometime, we're changing to Tempress seats or another brand. Not sure if you'll find a really good seat for your price range, but you never know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been thinking of these Wise seats. Any thoughts?

https://www.nextag.com/Wise-Folding-F...B3793C893E1E1C

Updated link: https://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=34321&pdesc=Wise_Folding_Fishing_Chair&str=wise+boat+seat&merchID=4005

The other one expired. Any thoughts on these?

i was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago. i was looking for a quality seat for around 50 but i ended up spending the extra for a set of tempress seats on sale for 69 at bass pro. these are built wayyyy better and are super comfortable! so comfortable that me and my girlfriend actually sat in them in the living room floor and watched tv! lol... your butt is gonna be much happier with these...

tempress high back all weather in black/gray which was actually charcoal and gray... i love em! i just looked them up and theyre not on sale right now. i just got lucky that day...

I can hopefully help a bit. I'm 230 lbs. Had the Wise version (as in your link) on my last boat. Absolutely terrible. I was going to buy Tempress for it, but scored another boat. It has these:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wise-Plastic-Folding-Boat-Seat/10913396?findingMethod=rr#Specifications

Much more comfortable. If you're going cheap, try them. Haven't broken one yet, even my 300+ pound cousin hasn't. I sit on the seat most of a fishing trip, so I can tell you the ones you.re looking at may kill your back like my old ones did. Every passenger complained too.

Edit: BP has them in camo, $41.99

Tempress highbacks. Found mine on eBay, brand new pair for around $90 delivered. Mine are green and tan inserts. Love them but they were discontinued. The wise seats are ok for short trips but my legs would fall asleep.

Seats are like fishing reels and rods, get the best you can afford since they are what you enjoy (or hate) the most during your trip.

Jamie

Wise chairs vary between models.
I bought ones LIKE these...

https://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=76899&pdesc=Wise_Premium_Folding_Fishing_Chair&str=fising+chair&merchID=4005

I say "like" these because they had 5 with the same colors there. I sat in all of them and only 3 felt comfortable. The other 2 were overpadded to the point they were uncomfortable. I sat in all their chairs that day, till I found the right one. I have fished off these a lot, including for 2 straight days, and didn't think once about my chair. Can't say that for the old chairs - the cheaper Wise chairs mentioned in the first post.

I bought Cabelas brand. They are high back big man seats I think. I love them so far and they were in your price range. I did have some problems with them at first being damaged but Cabelas ended up taking care of me.

Latest posts