Boat color

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
I was just wondring if anyone had any opinions on color. (Im not askin for fav colors here) what id like to know does the color make a difference in fishing, is it easier for the fish to see some colors rather than others? Do some colors spook fish more than others? Any ideas/opinions?

The whole outside of my boat is black. Maybe I'm wrong but I think it would be hard for the fish to see dark colors. Black seems to work for me.

my last boat had a white bottom and my new boat has a black bottom.
keeping the black bottom clean is a lot easier.

Denny baurer says he will only fish out of a black bottom boat but i'm not sure it matters.

Some offshore guys actually apply decals or paint the bottoms of their boats to look like a school of squid or bait fish. Of course, those boats a trolling anywhere from 5 to 20 rods to look like a school as well.

Maybe paint the bottom of the bass boat to look like a giant Crankbait or Senko? :roll:

kraken3.png

What the???
is that the HR Giger squid? :lol:

I say paint is like a group of floating logs. :D

I say use a glass-bottom boat, that way the fish would get closer to see why people are "standing" on the surface :-k

Actually, it seems to me that if a person or fish were looking upwards towards the surface, they would see a large dark object (silhouette of a boat), but hey, I'm just guessing, lol. :)

A fish has boats go over it all the time. It shouldn't phase them at all. If he [bass] didn't get scared by the big shadow that is trailing a shiny piece of stainless, and has a dizzying black spinny thing on the front, I doubt he will decide not to eat, just because of boat color. Sounds like something a typical woman would do. (Aw, this table cloth is the wrong color. I am not hungry....)

Thx for the input, i just wanted to hear what you guys thought cuz i never really thought about it, till i was thinkin of all the things ima have to do to fix up my boat, but i think im gonna keep it the dull green it is.

If you are like me with a limited budget, I decided to spend my money on things that will make fishing better. Boat color and looks wasn't one of them in my humble opinion. :wink:

slim357 said:
LoL yea not to mention i gotta get somethin to tow it with, I just dont think my 96 camry will cut it.

WHAT?

Carmy's can tow man....my 00 toyota camry 4 banger automatic tranny. I've tow lots of things with it, most have 1500 pound limit and some 2000 depending on brakes you have. I have 193,000 miles on it.

normal_IMG_16731639resize.JPG

Latest posts