Is this boat a good deal? 1648 Alumacraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottGA

Reaction score
Hi all, I will first appologize if this isn't the correct topic for this question. But here goes. I have an opportunity to buy a 1648 Alumacraft Mod V with 2005 20HP Honda 4-stroke tiller. Includes an older bow mount TM and older Garmin FF. This boat is already decked, and ready to fish. The asking price is $4000.. does this seem like a good deal?

Motor.jpg

inside.jpg

side.jpg

I'm with troutman. That motor isn't cheap, and with good reason, they are excellent engines. A 1648 boat in decent condition isn't the easiest thing to find, at least in my area, so yes, that is a decent price. You've also got the CMC tilt and trim on there, which has some value in and of itself.

Excellent CNC tilt&trim, top notch Honda motor, what appears to be a good deck layout with most of the equipment in good condition or better.

Buy it.

That was my thoughts.. I am actually bartering some stuff and have a $3500 cash price. I thought that was a pretty good deal. The other question is how have you guys seen as far as resale value. These tin boats seem like they always hold their value fairly well.

YOu should have no problem getting $3500 out of that rig anytime, especially in the spring. You should be able to fish out of it for a couple of years and still get somewhere around $3000 for it. 1648's with a good newer engine never never really lose their value.

I have the exact same boat. It 's around $1800.00 new and trailer around $700.00 That's a fair price but I would look closely at his mod and make sure the right materials were used. Where in Ga are you?

Howard I am in Cornelia, North of Gainesville. I am going to look at the boat and take it for a spin this weekend, but the guy says that the framing is aluminum and the decking is treated marine grade plywood.

I visit Cornelia a few times a year. Love Brad's Grill in G'ville, check it out if you have never been there, Next to Schulers Outdoors. I am trying to get my 1648 going. Take a look, Howard

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14366

Howard said:
I visit Cornelia a few times a year. Love Brad's Grill in G'ville, check it out if you have never been there, Next to Schulers Outdoors. I am trying to get my 1648 going. Take a look, Howard

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14366

Howard once you get your boat done, you should come up more often. As far as Georgia goes, I live as close to more good fishing holes than anywhere. I would bet I am within an hour of more 10lbers than anyone in the state. The small trout fed mountain (mostly electric only) mountain lakes produce huge fish. I can't wait to get my aluminum can and get on the water.

The seller gave me another option for the same boat with barely used 07 9.8HP Tohatsu price is $4000 with the 20HP Honda or $3250 with the 9.8HP.

I am still leaning toward the Honda (although it is probably overkill for the waters I will be fishing) but want your opinions.

If you plan on fishing any HP restricted waters, I'd go for the 9.8. If not, I'd do the Honda for sure. If any of you GA boys don't mind ridin' in a glass boat on Oconee or Sinclair and hunting some of the green fish give me shout.

Latest posts