Another Carpet Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cavman138

Reaction score
So I have been trying to figure out the best way to carpet my front deck. With my front deck being in 2 pieces, should I carpet the whole thing to avoid having a seam in the middle of the boat? Or, would it be better to carpet each side of the deck individually, leaving seam in the middle? I really don't want to see the seam in the middle of the boat, but can't figure out how I would carpet the deck as a whole, being that it is 2 pieces.

Can you make your deck one piece?

If not just carpet the whole thing so you don't see the seem...maybe you glue the two pieces together and fill the gap with something....If that doesn't work grab a six pack and think about it for awhile.... :beer:

I only have this to add - If you choose to leave a seam, roll the carpet down so you never get any fraying. I carpeted almost every piece of my front deck separately before screwing it down. You will never see any of the screws, they just bury themselves in the carpet. I think it looks really nice, and have had compliments on it from guys who have been on the boat with me.

If you look at the videos in my build (see signature), you might see what I'm talking about.