Balance

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejones1961

Reaction score
For those of you that have done modifications and build a deck in a 1436 boat, Did building a casting deck affect the stability of the Boat? I have one That I am starting to work on and was considering putting a deck in it, but I also have a Hyper 9 year old son who doesnt sit still very well and was curious about how to keep the boat more stabil.

There is a thread titled something like "to deck or not to deck", its stickied at the top of the page, maybe in the mod section. Read it before you make your plans. I am currently working on a 1436 myself. I had planned to deck it just below the gunwales. After reading that thread and just getting opinions of others, I now just plan to attach a floor directly to the ribs. I will have a small deck in the front and back but they will not be for standing, just storage. I have a 3 year old that will be fishing with me so having to worry about stabillity is not something I want to deal with. That being said, others have done it and dont seem to have any trouble.