Shipping an outboard???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moberg12

Reaction score
Found an outboard on ebay, which I'll need to have shipped to me. Just wondering if anyone here has gone through this process before. How much did it cost you, and what company did you use?

Thanks,
Greg

There are many LTL companies which you could call and get rates. YRC, Conway, ABF, FedEX Freight to name a few. I would suggest a regional hauler if possible. For easier, better, forklift handling, ask the seller to skid the packaged motor. Believe me, those dock workers can be brutal.

Depending on the size UPS or FEDEX may be cheaper. LTL's are expensive and yes, it better be crated and padded to survive...

I'd be leary of any eBay outboard as well...

Jamie

Jamie...you are correct. However, because the driver has to do a liftgate delivery, UPS Brown and FedEx courier generally have gross weight restriction of 90#. Any crated 9.9 engine and above is going to exceed this weight. OP should call about to determine his best options and price. Also, most couriers should negotiate shipping costs. You don't get, if you don't ask.

ABF quoted me $143 delivered to the closest ABF location. I ended up finding a motor locally so I'll no longer need to worry about shipping.

Latest posts