My First Boat!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

610bucky

Reaction score
Ok so heres the situation... I have a 14' Eldo-Craft boat. Just bought it and, i got the trailer, boat, and a oldd minn-kota trollin motor. I am really pumped about all the things that i have seen that you are able to do to these old boats. I don't have a picture of it yet bc the project is in early makings. However, I have a few ideas and i would love some opinions on what ya'll think about it..
1. I know for sure that I am going to repaint it (trailer and Boat)
I was thinking like a Forest Green for the boat and something like Rustoleum Black for the trailer.

2. I have found that you can make a deck for this boat (I love to bass fish) so i was thinking something like a bass boat deck. The boat has a live well in the center bench. i want to mount a foot control trollin motor on the front so it wont get in the way of my motor on the back im gonna put on it. i was thinking about making a deck from the front of the live well to the front of the boat. Mounting a pedestal seat some where up there in the front.

3. there's enough space in between the live well and the back seat that i might be able to put rod holders on the sides.

As ya'll can see I have a lot of ideas and need some opinions. I am a college student that knows how to work with wood and plan on doing it myself.

LOL, so full of enthusiasm and ideas :p

You can put some photos of your new boat for us to postulate on with you.

It might be wise to put a bottom deck in the boat, instead of a top deck. Center of gravity and all like that there... :wink:

Yeah Pictures are definitely commin i have just had to do alot of work here lately and school startin up soon I haven't had the chance to do it yet :( . Thanks for the advice about the deck, thats one thing that i have been worried about when i go to build the deck is the center of gravity. i would love to be able to make the boat have storage under the floor for tackle and such. Just to get everything out of the way. Pictures will be coming soon. Oh thanks Froggy i like the way you did your deck i wonder if i made my deck a little taller if it would throw off the C.O.G . Your boat looks a lot like mine and i think i'm going to go with some type of green around the neighborhood of your color green.

Depending on the width of your boat, you could put a deck on like most of the guys have done on here. Just take your time and do it right. Read up on here. Definitely look at boats that are similar in size to yours for most of your options.

bucky

need to get a photobucket account so you can resize the pictures to get them on here. im not really computer friendly but it was a very easy process to walk threw....

ill try and help in anyway i can??

thanks man how do you like the deck on your boat sum-kina? does your boat have a good center of gravity??

CIMG0939.jpg

ok i was finally able to figure out how to post pictures thanks sum-kina. but yea as you can see definitely needs some work but it will be a great winter project :)
CIMG0941.jpg

From the photo it looks like you can save that transom board.
Clean it with some good paint prep, wipe it down good with Paint thinner, and after it dries you can put some Two part epoxy on it, or a couple coatings of good oil based porch n' deck paint.

The Rest of the boat is a special green that's supposed to be easy on the eyes. You might find that in a spray can. Use the self-etching primer, on the parts your gonna paint, and then that good looking green :LOL2: stuff.

ive had there guys in my boat at one time with two of us upfront and one in the back, it was very stable.... that was before iput two more battereries and the livewell so i know it will handle it alot better with the boat sittin a lil further in the water now!

cant wait to see what you do with it...
good luck my friend

yeah i was thinking about saving it until i inspected it and its almost rotted all the way through so i am just gonna cut a new one. lol. However I am gonna take it one step at a time. its gonna be a good bit of work to get it done but i can do it with some patience ha ha. Yeah i plan on painting it like a hunter or forrest green. something that will look good and have a good shine to it. but first i need to sand it down realllyyy good. Where can i buy self-etching primer?? can i get it at Advance Auto Parts

Thanks man that helps alot because i am wanting to put a lil bit higher deck on mine so i can conceal the battery and tackle. but yea man thanks that helps a whole lot

Latest posts