How to: Begin Mount your wood framing to the boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmean

Reaction score
Pretty much what it says. How does everyone reccomend affixing the initial frame work 2x4's etc to the boat. I dont know what everyone preference is?

I have a 12' Gamefisher Semi V. Its in great shape and Im looking to start my self with a front casting deck. The construction of the decking and framing I had a good idea about but its the fastening of it to the boat is where I'm a noob.

Thanks for any help

Hey man! Welcome!

Are you looking for a floor in the boat (along the bottom) or a casting deck built higher up? If you are looking for a floor the best thing to do would be to attach the floor to the ribs (if you have them) that run along the bottom of the boat (maybe use some self tapping metal screws and or 3M 5200 Marine adhesive?

Post up some pics of your boat so we can see!

Ok so via google image this is the size and type of boat i bought. I will post picks of mine when i get home from work. Mine its in better shape, but the seat and deck layout would be the same

I plan on some form of flooring, but definately plan on the casting deck, I want to build a bowmount type setup as well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I want to keep the middle bench virtually untouched, as far as size goes. Ill convert it to some form of functional storage. The decking upfront I hope to have drop off about 1.5 feet from the middle bench. I had some sketches already but like i said am still unsure of how people fasten the frame work of the raised deck to the boat.

Thanks again

Latest posts