question about leaking after steelflex?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kriegersa

Reaction score
Hello, its been a long time since I've posted something up here (been busy with work & school) but I figured I would need help with this one.

So the begging of summer I steelflexed my boat. and everything looked great and everything worked great for the first time, now i have a small leak where i think is the plug but i cant figure it out, because i dont think its the transom as i steelflexed that as well. so could the plug be leaking? and if so how do i fix that?

please help!! :?: :?: [-o<

need pics, but if possible I would put the boat on your trailer. Fill with water where you think the leak is and determine exactly where the leak is. Then tackle the problem. Steelflex should not be your problem Howard

Howard said:
need pics, but if possible I would put the boat on your trailer. Fill with water where you think the leak is and determine exactly where the leak is. Then tackle the problem. Steelflex should not be your problem Howard

Yeah i have no doubt its not the steelflex, i love that stuff! haha and thanks for the idea about filling the boat up and seeing where its leaking from.

MassFisherman said:
You could buy a new plug. :shock:

They don't last forever...

lol yeah thanks, but i've been though about 5-7 plugs so far in oh about 6 months? so i dont think its an old plug #-o

Even with a new plug I still have a little water getting in. I get more water in the boat from pulling in the decoys.

Yes.
Round plug in a square hole kind of thing.
Get a wooden dowel rod the size of the drain hole put a little taper to it and gently tap it in to the drain hole.

Ditto that and you could always sit back there while on the water looking for leakers. A dry towel is a great leak troublehooting tool...

Jamie

Latest posts