It's official yamaha has come out with a full synthetic oil

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anchors away

Reaction score
In the latest news from yamaha they just joined most of the world in their task to lubricate an outboard the best.They have officially come out with a group 1V fc-w rated yamalube full synthetic oil.They state on their website that their synthetic oil lubricates yamahas the best which could be a very true statement.According to a few articles i have read group 1V oil is the best for outboards and vechiles as it lubricates and flows faster to all the engines critical moving parts just as good in the cold weather as it does in the hot weather.It also eliminates dry starts according to them.So that means now you can get the best protection for your 4stroke yamaha outboard right at the marina according to yamaha.

It is a little pricey at $10 a quart but if it works the best then it's worth a few extra bucks to protect your engine better.In their opinion synthetic oil improves the protection in your motor as if this was not true then yamaha would not bother to do so,give it a little while longer and all the other engine manufacturers like merc/tohatsu,honda and suzuki will have their own line of full synthetic oil also.They might have it already for all we know.I think most of us saw this coming eventually anyway.

I know BRP recommends and emphasizes to use their synthetic oil in their etecs.I'm sure yamaha will still have the original yamalube available to customers if they want it but they are really pushing the synthetic oil when you go in a marina and look for oil for you engine.I just saw the oil a few days ago on the shelf and asked one of the guys when did this come out and he said aug 1st.I guess we will see how it holds up as it is very new still and the verdict is still out on this new oil.Anyone have any thoughts on this?