Kickedbacks Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KICKEDBACK

Reaction score
I'm trying again to post this, somewhere I lost the first one!I started about 2 years ago and now I believe that it's finished. The decking came in sections as I needed them...should have just did the entire boat from the begining.The locker boxes were next and work great, no more loose tackle on the deck!The trolling motor mount deck was next and it came out solid and just what I needed for my 54lb'er. The storage area and the removal of the front seat made the "gussets" come about. I have read about the side flex when seats are removed and this one had it too. It only happened when I was in rough water but loose rivets were not what I wanted to deal with so I came up with these...1/2" plywood attached to the original aluminum brackets used for the front seat and attached to the middle seat. They are soid and work real good. Not being an engineer there could be some differing views!This boat is very comfortable and is just what I want to relax and fish, with out all the additional work that was included on my 19' dual console bass boat. Here in AZ. some of the "RIM" lakes have motor restrictions and the 5 1/2hp 1957 Johnson gets me any where I want with out a paddle? My 25hp Evinrude allows me to cover more water when needed and faster than I want to go in my 14' Mirrocraft "resorter"...it's not a deep model. I hope this can help others even though I did not do before and during photos because I used ideas from here. This site is just perfect for people that want to try and do it urself!!!I love it. Thanks to everyone and I hopr your next bite is a world record......Doog

Attachments

• KICKEDBACK AUG 2010 009.jpg
    KICKEDBACK AUG 2010 009.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,048
  • KICKEDBACK AUG 2010 008.jpg
    KICKEDBACK AUG 2010 008.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 1,048
  • KICKEDBACK AUG 2010 004.jpg
    KICKEDBACK AUG 2010 004.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 1,048
  • KICKEDBACK AUG 2010 003.jpg
    KICKEDBACK AUG 2010 003.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 1,048
Great looking mod. Very professional looking.

Love that old Johnson. Looks like it has been restored. Did you do it yourself?

BaitCaster said:

Hey baitcaster, no the motor looks and runs like new. I did replace the lower unit when the water impeller base plate bushing/bearing froze up due to corrosion. New ones are getting harder to find and cost around $130-145 but I found the entire lower unit on e-bay for $40 and "poof" I'm up and running.It idles like new and is perfect for small lakes. My 88 25hp Evinrude is almost finished with paint and decals, will post updates later.

I really love what you did. This mod screams of relaxation. Just cruise around and fish a bit and enjoy. Fishing has gone so commercial and boats are over done sometimes. It must have allot af yourself in it, very nice work =D>

Wow.... simple, stylish, clean...... I can see myself enjoying hours of fishing in a rig like that.
Well done =D>

KICKEDBACK said:
BaitCaster said:

Hey baitcaster, no the motor looks and runs like new. I did replace the lower unit when the water impeller base plate bushing/bearing froze up due to corrosion. New ones are getting harder to find and cost around $130-145 but I found the entire lower unit on e-bay for $40 and "poof" I'm up and running.It idles like new and is perfect for small lakes. My 88 25hp Evinrude is almost finished with paint and decals, will post updates later.

Wow, that motor is in great shape. I would love to see some more pics. I have a 1958 Evinrude Fastwin and just replaced the lower unit as well. It runs like a top!

Looks really clean, X3 on the seat that thing would make a good bow seat.

Latest posts