Hi to all from Va.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdncn

Reaction score
New guy here. Where to start........ Just got a new (to me) used Lowe L1440M with Venture trailer and a Mercury 7.5 HP (not started in 3 yrs.).
My first (and still have) jon is a 1244 (44" beam) Landau. Bought about 23 years ago and it's darn dangerous. Shallow, narrow and just down right rickety. My 13 yr old son and I have been fishing heavily the past year or so and needed something more stable. Anyway here some pics of my Lowe and I'll be looking for some mod suggestions from you guys........

Lowe1640001.jpg

Lowe1640003.jpg

Lowe1640004.jpg

Lowe1640002.jpg

Welcome! I'm in the Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area. I'm sure you've lurked around for a little bit and know for yourself, but this sight is great, and everybody is more than willing to help or give opinions.

Thanks to all and I have been lurking for a while SVOMike86. GREAT site! I am getting so many ideas for my boat. First will be a false floor in the main section and relocating the front seat for my son but still using the live well. I'll probably be using a combination of alum. and wood to do so.
Took her out for our madian voyage this past Sat. and I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to stand, move around, etc. w/o fearing tipping and going in. My son couldn't tell me enough how much he liked our new boat and that's good because it'll be his someday.
Now if I can just get the title and reg. taken care of.... Long story. The seller skipped title and there was a erasure (sctratch through) on the trailer title. It's a work in progress.

Again Thanks and I'll be lurking and learning.

Bill

Welcome Aboard! Nice looking ride there. Lots of mod potential if that is what you are interested in.

Wow, Va well represented here! Kind of feel at home, stationed in Norfolk, lived in Chesapeak and Va Beach. Married a Va girl but Ga was always on my mind,,,, :)

billdncn said:
Thanks to all and I have been lurking for a while SVOMike86. GREAT site! I am getting so many ideas for my boat. First will be a false floor in the main section and relocating the front seat for my son but still using the live well. I'll probably be using a combination of alum. and wood to do so.
Took her out for our madian voyage this past Sat. and I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to stand, move around, etc. w/o fearing tipping and going in. My son couldn't tell me enough how much he liked our new boat and that's good because it'll be his someday.
Now if I can just get the title and reg. taken care of.... Long story. The seller skipped title and there was a erasure (sctratch through) on the trailer title. It's a work in progress.

Again Thanks and I'll be lurking and learning.

Bill

I feel your pain. Bought mine from a widow (everything titled/registered in her deceased husband's name)....can't count the number of hoops I had to jump through for the trailer title and boat registration.

Ya know, I just got my boat and trailer registered, and it wasn't the nightmare I thought it was going to be. As far as the trailer goes, if you have no paperwork on it, just go to DMV and tell them you have a "homemade" trailer. You fill out some forms, they give you a vin plate, you put it on the trailer, and you're done. You live in Richmond, so you don't have to mail your boat registration in, just go to Game and Fish with your info and $34, and you're registered for 3 years. I thought it was gonna be way more difficult, but it really wasn't too bad. I might put mine in the water for the first (second) time this Saturday. Good luck man!

That's a clean boat to start with for mods. Check mine out when you get a chance. It looks almost the same before my mods. Have fun and ask questions.

ckr74 said:
That's a clean boat to start with for mods. Check mine out when you get a chance. It looks almost the same before my mods. Have fun and ask questions.

Handsome boat there. I checked it out just a day or two ago. Thanks