Parker Coatings Paint? does it harden?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
As ya'll can see in my build thread I painted the boat with this paint. It still seems so soft after 1 day; does it harden or become less easy to scratch off?

dixie_boysles said:
As ya'll can see in my build thread I painted the boat with this paint. It still seems so soft after 1 day; does it harden or become less easy to scratch off?

I painted mine with the parker bay gray about 1 month ago. I cannot remember how long it took to harden but it is hard now! It seems like it is going to be a very durable paint. I also have a thread going in the conversions mods section if you want to take a look.

thanks, i guess where it is still soft, ive already made a few places in it and I havnt even had it in water yet

I used the bay gray as well, it looks great!

Put two more coats on mine with Parkers Hunter Green on Saturday. Its Monday and has dried very nicely. Put the tin in the water for the first time today!

dixie_boysles said:

I think I remember reading that it takes up to two weeks to fully cure/harden. I just ordered the Sand Tan color of Parker paint...I can't wait to spray it on. How many coats did you do?

dixie_boysles said:

Do I need to use a primer with Parker duck boat paint?

Latest posts