New Boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acuna

Reaction score
I have been a long time lurker on this site and am very impressed with the projects y'all have performed.

Yesterday I walked into a deal I could not turn down: 14' Alumacraft, 2008 Briggs and Stratton, and trailer for....$250! It also came with a little Humminbird fishfinder and a Minn Kota 65# trolling motor that works, but is probably 20 years old by the looks of it.

I know I will mod it at some point but want to fish it for a couple of months. The boat had been sitting for about a year and a half under a tarp. There was about seven inches of water in it when I went to pick it up that I was able to bail out (it was gross but at least I know it doesn't leak). I brought her home and gave her a thorough cleaning. I also flushed the fuel lines and cleaned the carb on the motor. Motor looks to be in AWESOME shape and started on the first pull.

One little quirk: no drain plug!

There are some smaller lakes I fish in the Central Texas area and this boat will be perfect for them...

Here are some pictures:

IMG_07251.jpg

IMG_07261.jpg

And to clarify: when I say no drain plug, I mean no hole.. NOTHING!

I'll probably go manual bilge for the time being while I figure out what to do.

Great deal!

My 13ftr doesn't have a drain either. Don't need one if it doesn't leak 8)

That said, I do have a plug in bilge (just in case), and if I have to fish in a heavy rain.

Motor is a 5 hp Briggs & Stratton. It won't be the fastest out there, but is all I need for the lakes I plan on using this boat. Lots of bass fishing with a little bit of duck hunting thrown in...

Belt and Suspenders - Bilge and Drain Plug Kit. Drain plug so it doesn't fill up when you're not on the water. Bilge for the unexpected that WILL happen when you least expect it, at the worst possible time.

And, if the bidding is open, I'll go $252.00

Latest posts