Paint?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtwarrow

Reaction score
Anyone ever use a Wagner Power Sprayer to paint their boat?

Was thinking about using it for my Duck boat as it does not need to look glossy and any overspray or small blotching might actually help the dull flat look I need. Only issue is finding Aluminum primer and duck boat paint in a pail (not in a rattle can) local. I'm sure online it would be easy but I'd rather not pay shipping. Might find Parkers Duck boat paint at Bass Pro, but they are usually over priced...
Any advise for painting welcome.

I bought Parkers paint straight from them. Found the price very good for a very good product. I used spray on etching primer ( spray can) bought at a local auto store. I also used the Wagner sprayer and I am happy with the results. My Wagner was their cheapest one, got it on clearance for $29.00 It did drip quite a bit but end results were good. You could not tip my Wagner at all or it was make a mess but did the job. Since I have a compressor I might use a spray pot with it next time.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14366

Cool. I like your boat. Looks great. I was going to do the exact same thing with the Zink primer in a rattle can and then Parker's duck paint. I'm sure mine won't look like a brand new boat like yours does in the pics cause mine is all dented up. But it will look a lot better and not flair the ducks.

We got a sprayer that cost 79. the missus got at Lowes when we painted the house. I think if I thin the paint a little and use the hose to the gallon pail I could turn the gun sideways or upside-down and it would work just fine. Did that a little when painting the soffits.

Thanks.

The $79 one is much better then mine and if you painted your soffits with it then you will be fine. I added about 10-15% of thinner to the Parkers Duck Paint. I think you will be happy. Practice on a sheet of carboard first. That will help you adjust the sprayer if needed. Good luck!

I LOVE the parker duck paint! It is SUPER flat and looks so nice. Buy it direct from company if you do. Cost 32 plus shipping. It cost me 48 altogether. I cannot tell you about spray as I sprayed mine in a paint booth. But it sprays nice!

I just sprayed mine last saturday:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12178&start=75

DSCF3272.jpg

Well after seeing all your success I'm hoping mine will look decent as well, thanks!
I found some Rustolium "Self Etching Primer" that is grey at local auto parts shop. Is that going to work ok?
HA! pulled the sprayer out to paint some fencing and found the nozle is clogged. Poorly cleaned when we were done with the house I guess... I'll blame the woman... prob my fault though. Going to clean it with thinner and see if I can get it going right again...
Thanks again guys.
Oh, and I have been whire wheeling the boat like it would be for steel flex... do I need to do that or just clean it off for paint? Lots of caked on grime from sitting in pond scum for years I think.

Well I put some self etching primer on. 2 coats. I like the color too but I will cover it with reg OD green and then camo.

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 403

Latest posts