Hermine, $@%*!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
So our RV trailer was at a park in Austin. The RV park is near some little no name river/creek just north of Austin in Georgetown. Got a voice mail that the parks is flooding this morning. So I'm headed down there and fish out my RV trailer. :( Hopefully it wont be too bad. We have been slammed with rain here (6" at my house) and its supposed to be worse down there.

Wonder if I should take the boat? (haha)

Well, here are pictures of what the RV park looked like when I got there. Our trailer held up better than most but it still ended up in a tree about 150 yards down river. It will be a total loss. :( Luckily everyone got our of the park ok. About ten or so where able to actually rig down and move before it got real bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0085.JPG
    IMG_0085.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_0073.JPG
    IMG_0073.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_0087.JPG
    IMG_0087.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_0093.JPG
    IMG_0093.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 848
Ouch.

That seriously sucks.

I hope you had good insurance (and that it covers since it was loaned out :shock: )

Sorry to hear it Nev. Glad to hear everyone made it out ok. That looks pretty scary.

Yeah, the news people got there around six am. They said it was like watching bumper boats. Theft could see the park through their telephoto lens. The water didn't receef until after ten . I got there about 1:30 to find the above mess.

Well, I went back this morning to try an salvage anything that I could. Not much there. One entire TV is gone. Both collapsible awnings are gone, two folding tables, one tent, DVD player, gone, generator is nowhere to bee seen. It's just crazy. I measured the distance from where it was to where it is, according to GPS it traveled 519 feet. According to the disaster response people with the Red Cross, the San Gabriel river rose over 42'. I counted 37 travel trailer strewn around the park and the owner said there is about half a dozen unaccounted for (probably down stream somewhere).

Here are some more photos, caution to you fellow RV'ers, content may be disturbing.

Attachments

• Front 2.jpg
    Front 2.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 781
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 781
  • Ceiling AC.jpg
    Ceiling AC.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 781
  • Left Side 2.jpg
    Left Side 2.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 781
  • Left Side.jpg
    Left Side.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 781
  • Master Bedroom.jpg
    Master Bedroom.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 781
  • Sink Stove.jpg
    Sink Stove.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 781
  • Table.jpg
    Table.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 781
Local news video with me in it. :shock:

https://www.statesman.com/video/?bcpid=89779153001&bclid=1461295911&bctid=605519944001

Quackrstackr said:
Do you think all that stuff washed away or that someone beat you to it?
It's possible. I know they have arrested several people for theft and trespassing. I did report to the Deputy that was posted there the loss of the 22 cal rugged rifle & beretta pistol. Both the case were gone.My thought are they probably went down stream along with a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks for all the well wishes fellas. I'm gonna miss that trailer. Even though it was four years old it looked like new. My wife kept it in immaculate condition. Here is one last photo, an aerial view that shows where it was parked and where it came to rest.

Attachments

• Shady River RV Resort.jpg
    Shady River RV Resort.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 567
OH MY GOD......WOW......

Just keep thinking......items are replaceable...people are not....

I hope your luck will be as good in the future as it was bad in the recent past....

Outdoorsman.

Yeah, I know. Insurance company's gonna have a cow though. My wife just emailed the list that she has compiled so far. I haven't even started yet. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate over time. Will almost be as much lost in property as in the value of the trailer. Crazy.

Latest posts