lock'n pin seat mounts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMoose

Reaction score
Here is what I'm starting with.
IMG_2133.jpg

Several BPS gift cards to use up, so I want to do my shopping there. These are the seats I'm leaning towards, in green/gray
1646358_i-842240a-t.jpg

My original thought is to install 3 of these mounts so I can move the middle seat up to the front if I want
91345-t.jpg
91346-t.jpg

If I'm looking at things right, I'd also maybe get a couple of these:
i-683303-t.jpg

to throw in the boat to raise the seats up when we are casting. I assume they can be easily removed and stowed for when we are motoring and want the seats down to bench level again.

What do you think? Are those lock'n pin seat mounts fairly sturdy?

I'm using the same seat hardware. Easy to use, easy to remove or change and very sturdy.

august 2010 fishing nj 010b.jpg

Those are what I used. I put in three of the base plates with the seat mounts and purchased one of the pedestals to use on the casting deck. With only the plates and seat mounts you get a swivel seat with a little extra height. If you have a Fleet Farm near you they sell the stainless seat plates for less than $20. I picked mine up in Mason City. Make sure you check and see that the Nylon bushing is inserted when buy them, I didn't, and had to return two of them.

same seat setup here too. going to add one on the bow bench soon - is a 3-1/8" hole saw the right size for the base?
i'm thinking of using toggle bolts to secure it too, instead of self tapping screws.
what say you all?

franner11 said:
same seat setup here too. going to add one on the bow bench soon - is a 3-1/8" hole saw the right size for the base?
i'm thinking of using toggle bolts to secure it too, instead of self tapping screws.
what say you all?

I initially had my seat based screwed into the bench seat. That didn't last long. I replaced them with rivets, but that wasn't much better. I eventually cut a hole in my rear bench seat and installed a hatch. When I did that I slid some plywood under the seat, between the styrofoam and seat-top, which I then screwed my seat base into. It is now very sturdy.

If you don't want to do that then toggle bolts are the way to go.

where are y'all finding toggle bolts? i'm having a hell of a time finding any local that are stainless steel. are you just ordering online? if so, where's the best deal?
sort of leaning towards doing what BaitCaster did and sliding some plywood through the base hole and on either side of the seat base, while using self tapping screws...

Latest posts