how do you remove something

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjenks

Reaction score
I have attached a couple of pics of my boat. as you can see, I have the 2 ribs that run across the boat and the 3 side compartments. The single side compartment is the live well. Here is my question, The floor is under those compartments and they are rivoted into the side, how do I remove them to get the floor out? Also, can I do away with the other 2 side compartment all together, I would like to build a bigger deck on the from and better storage. Any thoughts would be great.

Attachments

• boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 387
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 387
You can't see that Redbug? Seriously, you need your glasses checked.

Nah...just kidding. :roll:

bjenks....put up some bigger pictures....I know you'll get some great answers....and welcome aboard.

Removed the rivets. Use an angle grinder with a sandpaper flap disk to grind the rivet head off, then use a hammer and pin punch to knock them out.

agreed, remove the rivets holding the compartments in place. I prefer to drill them out, punch the center so the drill doesnt walk and dril baby drill. Realize you dont need to drill the head off, just drill out the shaft holding the ends together.