Need to mount seat bases and do not have access to back side

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintcreek

Reaction score
I bought this boat several months ago and have been fishing out of my 14' flat bottom while I tried to get the motor going. Not done with the motor yet, but bought a fiberglass seat base for the passenger to ride on and and a adjustable pedestal like the one up front for the person in back to fish out of. My question is how should I mount these. It looks like the fiberglass pedestal will hit on 2 of the ribs in the boat, but the seat base will probably not. The boat has a aluminum floor that is carpeted, I would like to fasten the seats down without taking any of the factory floor out. What do you recommend? The pedestal is like the one on the front deck pictured. Maybe tomorrow I can take pictures of the new base and pedestal that I bought sitting in the boat.

Thanks,
Flintcreek

Attachments

• StarcraftandLowe 010.jpg
    StarcraftandLowe 010.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 609
flintcreek said:
Guys, where is the best place to buy toggle bolts? Did you use stainless steel?

Flintcreek

If you can't find them locally, here's a google of stainless steel toggle bolts:

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=17259,18167,25567,25984,26645,27007,27015&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=stainless+steel+toggle+bolts&cp=19&pf=p&sclient=psy&aq=f&aqi=g5&aql=&oq=stainless+steel+tog&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=9f2370386c77b788

Latest posts