I am wanting good floor coating cheep

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb

Reaction score
I has allready put the alimimum flooring down and I allready has the treated ply deck extention in so now all I need is cheep floor coating.I need this in lit color so the sun not make her to hot.I look at slip no more but not ordered any yet in hopoes of other ideas from you out there :mrgreen:

thanks

I has not used any, but I wants to for my boat.

Maybee we will be getting some answers soon then,i sure these guys here has used many differant stuff on there boat floor.I look at that stuff, slip no more on the internet and it looks good to me and it is lite gray from what I remembers on the site but i holding off alittle until others respond.I looked over some of the boat guys remodle here and I likes what i seen so far.All i know is no carpet in my boat. :mrgreen:

KiwiGrip is what I used. It can cost as much as $125 a gallon but a gallon will go a long way. I did a lot of surface on my boat and I have 1/3 gallon left. It seems to be very durable stuff.

We are going to try this in our fiberglass boat, we ripped out the carpet. $40 I put this stuff on the walls of my garage and it is hard as rock. We ripped the carpet out becuase we needed something we could rinse beaver blood, caster and fish guts out of with ease.

https://www.lowes.com/pd_262627-4-0...61553+4294868283_4294937087?productId=3078011

Valspar Gallon Interior Semi-Gloss Finish Wall Epoxy Kit

Hard, tile-like finish provides ultimate protection
Soap and water clean up
Ultimate stain resistance
Great for high traffic areas
Durable, one-coat coverage
Interior semi-gloss finish
Lifetime Warranty
2-part epoxy for superior adhesion
Tintable to over 1000 Valspar colors
Lifetime Warranty

I used Durabak on my boat. One gallon did the entire interior with 2 coats. You can get textured or non, I used textured but the non would have worked fine. It is absolutely slip resistant, very tough and after sitting in direct sun for hours the metal it is coating is barely warm to the touch so no more burning my feet when I prop them up on the side rails. I love it! It is abuot $100 a gallon.

You can see the results and get ordering information from my boat rebuild linked below in my signature.

Bufford

I look at some of the idems memtioned above and they looking good,these are waht i am wanting for my minny jet jon boat.I wondering if i can get one quart and have enough?I no i not need a gallon.All i am wanting to cover is small front deck and floor :LOL2: I maybee call and see how much a quart size will cover.Annyone no the sq footage of coverage it would be?

I am going to try a porch and floor paint on my decks. It's cheap and you can have it tinted to any color you want. I talked to the guy at the HW store and he has a non slip additive you can add for about $7.

This paint seems to last pretty well and touch ups should be easy.

Flatsdaddy said:
I am going to try a porch and floor paint on my decks. It's cheap and you can have it tinted to any color you want. I talked to the guy at the HW store and he has a non slip additive you can add for about $7.

It will not hold up to water and heat. Actually it would not even hold up to moisture. We used it on the porch and covered deck at my mothers and with in a year it was trashed from coming in and out of the pool. Two part epoxy is better, the more solids in the mix adds to the cost but makes it better.

ihavenoideawhattoput said:
Flatsdaddy said:

It will not hold up to water and heat. Actually it would not even hold up to moisture. We used it on the porch and covered deck at my mothers and with in a year it was trashed from coming in and out of the pool. Two part epoxy is better, the more solids in the mix adds to the cost but makes it better.

That's good to know. I'm suprised though, it's always seemed pretty tough to me.

I was allso wondering about that paint that you talk of above,i glad the purchase was not made for it.I was allso wondering about truck bed linner?Anyone use it for the floor and deck?I look and see they have some in other colors other than balck.I bet it wood be tuff for floor and you know its tuff in truck beds :LOL2:

Latest posts