Product ReviewL Rod Saver SM6, Side Mount Rod Holders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_boysles

Reaction score
I searched up and down to find the perfect rod holders for my jon boat project. I didnt want those ole cheap Berkely rod holders either. Well after much searching, I found the ones i wanted. Rod Saver SM6 rod holders. These come in three different models: SM4, SM6, or SM8, the numbers designating how many rods they will hold. I just needed them to hold 6.

Quality:

These are very good quality. The actual holder is made out of marine grade rubber. Then there is the "original" Rod Saver strap that holds them in while traveling.

Mounting:

There are 6 mounting screws holes on these. They come with screws but I did not use them as i was going into thin wood. I used 3/16"X1/2" rivets. These kinda posed a problem for the rubber but nothing a few washers dont take care of.

User Friendliness:
These work GREAT for holding the rids one way. In order to hold 6 rods they hold 3 in one direction and three in the opposite direction crisscrossing. This is kinda tricky placing rods, but other than that, I LOVE these rodholders!

I ordered mine from Amazon.com for 17.95 shipped apiece

392103321.jpg

392103318.jpg

Looks great!I need to do something like this to my boat.Let me get it straight,you riveted it to some thin wood,or all the way through your sidewall?

batman said:
Looks great!I need to do something like this to my boat.Let me get it straight,you riveted it to some thin wood,or all the way through your sidewall?

NOOOOOOO...lol. Just though the wood!

Latest posts