Vintage Tin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan h

Reaction score
after much debate on whether to work on the 12 ft sears game fisher which only has a 3o inch
bottom that i was not satisfied with i deicded to look around for something else and came across this Tin Beauty today , it is a 1952 Vio Holda and has a 40 inch bottom. i think this will be better to put money and time into let me know what u think, any ideas on what mods to do? Thanx Dan :lol:

boat013.jpg

boat012.jpg

boat016.jpg

Neat looking old boat. Always thought the "skiff" styled tins were neat looking. I would fish it as is for a while to get a feel for it. Then make some decisions on what would make her better.

Nevillizer said:
Neat looking old boat. Always thought the "skiff" styled tins were neat looking. I would fish it as is for a while to get a feel for it. Then make some decisions on what would make her better.
thanks that is exactly what i plan to do as soon as i finish some repair work i know has to be done.all in all i am happy with the little boat just have to fix some of the po,s mod ideas they had about 4 or 5 pieces of 2x6 on the transom all bolted together.first thing i did was removal of that.the floor seems to be pretty solid so i will leave that for now after i cut away the exccess spray foam.i also cut new 3/4 plywood for the trans and will install as soon as i get the bolts.sorry for the long post just kinda exited and want to tell about it. :D the boat has not got a drain plug or any place for a drain where would be the best place to get a drain kit?i looked on ebay and there are some on there that are pretty neat i would like to have one of the screw in type and they have them that dont come all the way out so you cant lose them.any where else i can find those?

not much progress lately not much time with job and all.i did get the wood for the transom sealed with thompsons yesterday and will hopefully get it installed today have to go to lowes and pick up the bolts.i plan on patching a few screw and bolt holes and getting the trailor together that i will update in the trailor section.and thats all i am going to do for now then i am going to get it on the lake and use it some to get a feel for future mods.

Thats a nice looking boat you got there. Looks like its in real good shape. Like to see what you do with it.

been busy today working on the trailer, i was gunna post about the trailer over on the trailer section but decided to keep it all on one post. i decided to make my own extension instead of ordering the kit, the kit would have been to short after i checked on the dimensions of it. heres what i have so far, still have to add some diagonal braces from the trailer frame to the tongue and a wench post but i think its coming along alright so far. any suggestions welcome! thanks Dan

https://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/danh75/boat/boat1.jpg

https://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz30/danh75/boat/boat2.jpg

Latest posts