Installed new LED

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottGA

Reaction score
Picked up a few LEDs just to check them out. I really like the result. I bought 2 4" strips each in white, UV (blacklight) and blue. and 4 high intensity single LED spotlights. The wiring got a little messy but nothing a few wire ties and wire loom won't fix. Here is the result.

Whites: These light up the casting deck nicely

0e002d82.jpg

Blues: These things are crazy bright. In hindsight, one may have been enough.

0a1a17d8.jpg

UV: These I got so I could see my line at night. Notice the spool next to the LED

e26af385.jpg

Single LED in storage compartment

098ca96d.jpg

My switch setup. Each switch is a 3 positions switch 2 on 1 off. I have each on position controlling a pair of LEDs. You can also see the single LED shining out toward the center of the boat. These are great little lights that throw out a ton of light

On a side note, I have half mind to rig a few of these as back up lights (completely waterproof) on my trailer so when launching before dawn, I have plenty of light to see the ramp.

92f84221.jpg

Brine said:
Looks good.

Where did ya get them?

Thanks guys. Once I figured out how I was lying them all out, it was a fairly simple install. Unfortunately Bluewater didn't have exactly what I wanted, but since they are a sponsor here, I wont plug where I got them. Do a google search of LED strips and it is one of the first links.

Here are a couple of more photos of the high intensity LEDs.. I really like these things. These could fit in so many applications because of their size and brightness.

5a3a65bb.jpg

72607585.jpg

BlueWater is not a site sponsor here. They were once upon a time, and have a great product though. No harm in telling where you got yours.

Brine said:
BlueWater is not a site sponsor here. They were once upon a time, and have a great product though. No harm in telling where you got yours.

Thanks for that Brine, and no disrespect to Bluewater. These came from oznium.com. They are focused toward the auto accessory business. They do have a great selection I.e.LED strips from 2 inches to 6 feet long in a choice of 8 colors, and it all could be applied to marine applications.

Also they have a support forum and provide lots of technical info. I will be ordering more from there.

Latest posts