Rant !!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imbrave1

Reaction score
Time to rant.

I recently acquired a Grumman aluminum rowboat I believe was built in the 50's. The model and serial number is G-13C #3222. Twice now I have written to Marathon Boat Co. in Marathon, NY., who now makes the Grumman's regarding age and a little history of that model, and no response.
You would think they would be proud to have someone with an antique built by them and might want to communicate. Maybe they have no interest in their users. Maybe they are only interested in selling new. Maybe...they don't know the page on their website labeled "contact us" usually indicates a response of some sort is expected. I gave them enough contact info as THEY requested.

I'm done ranting.
](*,)

They may not know.

You are talking about a boat made 60 years ago, most likely under different ownership.

A ten minute google search for 'grumman boat serial numbers' brought up a couple threads that said keep trying, they are slow but will get in touch with you, eventually...

Jamie

Considering that the Grumman canoes & boats were an off shoot of Grumman's WWII aircraft building on Long Island; Marathon may not have all the old records upstate -or- they may still be in manual files.

I have a 1958 Old Town Wood & Canvas canoe. You had to send them a letter to get build info until the Wooden Canoe Historic Assn. made a deal to scan all those old boxed records. Now you can go to the WCHA website and they will give you the build info in a few minutes, as soon as one of the moderators sees the request...

Somehow I doubt there is a Grumman historic group...

I ran into the same problem with trying to date my Monark 1444 Mod -V-Hull Jon boat. New transom = no serial number....

Monark is no longer Monark, they have changed hands many times and even past Monark dealers could not help. The best I could come up with is "Early 1970's"....

Outdoorsman

Latest posts