FishmatePro Warning!!! Do not Trust These Guys...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimber.45

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just a heads up for anyone looking to add a livewell to their boat. Please let me save you the headache (and associated high blood pressure) that comes from dealing with Dan Howell and FishmatePro.com. His site demonstrates a great product and if you ever get one, if its what you ordered, im sure you will be happy with it. I ordered a probass 30" livewell with an aerator circulation system installed from Dan and was told that he only accepts money orders. Should have turned and ran right there!! I spoke with him on the phone and he told me that he would go ahead and build my tank and ship it as soon as the money order arrived. To make an incredibly long story short, it took me 9 weeks to get my tank. I received a number of excueses ranging from back ordered parts to a death in the family, to a flooded church that he was helping rebuild. Each excuse bought him more time with me until I spoke to another one of his customer's. This gentleman was given the same exact set of excuses a year prior to my situation. He was even told that after his order was taken care of, Dan was shutting the business down. He couldnt handle the stress or something like that... Once my tank finally arrived, there was no aerator pump installed. It was just an empty tank. This time I called Dan and he agreed to refund me $50 for the cost of the pump that I paid for. He also told me that he was shutting the business down becuase he couldnt handle the stress and his investors pulled out. (Sound familiar) This was 5 weeks ago. Now he will not return my emails and he has blocked my phone number from going through. If I call from a different number I get his voicemail promising that he will return calls. If I call again from that number, it has now been blocked... I have filed a complaint with the BBB of Iowa and have sent a letter to the Iowa Attorney General to see what can be done. I realise its only $50 but I paid for something that I did not receive and I want my money back. I have a copy of every single email exchanged between myself and fishmatepro, I can guarantee that I have not misrepresented anything in this post. Please save yourselves a lot of time and headache and learn from my mistake. Do not do business with Dan Howell or FishmatePro. I will gladly answer any questions anyone has or if you would like more detail, send me a message.
Fellow Sportsman,
KImber.45

Dang man, first post and you're hating on somebody...

At least post up some pics of your boats and say 'Hey' first. Sounds like you got jacked from your description. Gawd only knows what the other guy would say in response. I commend you for trying to get the info out though.

Good luck,
Jamie

If memory serves, he's not the first that has posted here with a similar experience.

Ranchero50 said:
Dang man, first post and you're hating on somebody...

At least post up some pics of your boats and say 'Hey' first. Sounds like you got jacked from your description. Gawd only knows what the other guy would say in response. I commend you for trying to get the info out though.

Good luck,
Jamie

Thanks for looking out Ranchero :beer: but as quacker has stated, this is not the first time, and the stories/excuses sound very familiar. I can see kimber being a little ticked off, but he is probably doing the members here a favor in the long run.

I know I shoulda introduced myself a little better. Sorry about that. Normally I dont like throwing people under the bus but this guy has my money and I dont think he intends to give it back. I figure if I can get the word out and save at least one person from going through the same situation, it's worth it. On a lighter note, I have a 16' Cajun Special that my Dad and I have been rebuilding and its almost done. I have the whole build process chronicled with photos ready to go. Looking forward to getting some good advice on future mods.

Kimber.45........... brother thanks a lot for this info. I was just about to order one from them. Will now back up and punt. Good luck

Didn't russ010 order one of those and it took foever to get....6 months maybe more.
It's been awhile can't remember for sure but I'm pretty sure.

Like I said, I hate to be right in this situation, but I tried to spread the warning the best I could. There just have been too many bad experiences to take the risk on an average product.

Heck, the owner even tried to talk to Jim to get my comments about my experience deleted.. absolutely ridiculous.

lol, people need to start using the search function around here. I find it hard to believe anyone would even consider them at this point.

I not ever go there and buy stuff from them :x When I here about people getting screwed over i get mad :x

dyeguy1212 said:
lol, people need to start using the search function around here. I find it hard to believe anyone would even consider them at this point.

Well I did not search yet but I am joining a club where someone has dealt with him. Not to many choices out there to attain a flush finish. Have a friend whom I showed it to and he says he could whip it out, maybe time to get some aluminum and start learning to love a tig torch!

Its a shame he really won't "stand behind" his product. The pics on his site look good. I remember looking at these a while back. I got lucky and someone gave me a livewell for free.

Well interesting enought this thread comes up on the first page of google when doing a search for FishmatePro.

ihavenoideawhattoput said:
Well interesting enought this thread comes up on the first page of google when doing a search for FishmatePro.

I can't remember who I was PMing, but that's exactly what I wanted to see happen. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.