Source for Marine Epoxy or Poly Spar varnish N. Atlanta?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInGA

Reaction score
I'm looking for a local source for either marine epoxy or marine polyurethane spar varnish. I'd like it to be within something like reasonable driving distance of Jefferson, GA. I'm not sure if the big boxes like HD or Lowe's carry a gallon of the polyurethane spar varnish or not.

If anybody knows a good source, let me know. Also a good online source where price and shipping is reasonable would be good too.

Thank you

I got mine at Lowe's so yours will likely have it. HD will probably have it as well. Lowe's had Cabot Spar Varnish, I would think its probably carried in most stores. Just check on the bottom shelf around the other varnishes, it will be the the stuff covered in an inch of dust.

Have you tried https://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TopCategories1_11151_10001_-1?cid=sc_google&s_kwcid=TC|13788|west-marine||S||5513298364&gclid=CIqVwdKQzaQCFbJa7AodaGAqDQ in Buford?

Thanks for the information gentlemen. Sounds like I can pick some up next time I go to Lowe's or HD.

Cavman, have you used the Cabot's and did you like the quality of the stuff?

Howard, thank you for the link to West Marine. That's a reasonable drive and I'm sure they'll have something I want, even if I can get the Spar Urethane at Lowe's or HD.

Perchin, is Spar Urethane what's likely to be on the can I'm looking for?

DaveInGA said:
Perchin, is Spar Urethane what's likely to be on the can I'm looking for?

Yes.... there are a few good ones to get too. Like Minwax-Helmsman-Spar-Urethane, Varathane-Spar-Urethane, System Three-Spar-Urethane, General Finishes-Exterior 450. I have used Cabot's in the past with mixed results, worked a few times, and had it fade and peel after a year once also.

untitled 1.JPG untitled 2.JPG untitled 3.JPG 148385tmb.jpg

Latest posts