5200 for wader holes?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas

Reaction score
Ive tried using about everything to fix some small holes in my waders and remember from working on my transom that 5200 sticks like crazy and is flexible. Seems like it would work but wanted to ask the gurus first. Any thoughts?

Not sure about the 5200, but have you tried a patch? Most new waders come with them.

jb weld makes some pretty good stuff called waterweld. i have used it on my boat and im happy with it. however if you want a permanent fix then get it welded

Getcha a bike tire patch kit. Should solve your problem. Though I must say if you can figure out a way to weld those waders, I'd like to see it. :D

DaveInGA said:
Getcha a bike tire patch kit. Should solve your problem. Though I must say if you can figure out a way to weld those waders, I'd like to see it. :D

:oops: o boy do i feel stupid. i only glanced at the heading and clicked on it. i thought it said water holes, which now that i think about it, wouldnt make much sense either :oops:

I have done it and it works great!

Just keep in mind that 5200 is very slow drying so you have to leave it sit on the waders for a good 2-4 days

If any of you ever figure out how to re-seal seams after they start leaking, you'll be a genius.

I've got a nearly new pair of neoprene waders that leak in 2 places in a seam. You doctor up the area and the water just weeps up the stitching and comes out above the patch.

Latest posts