Put up for Winter

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this confirms it - I CAN NOT live above the Mason-Dixon line...

this is the best time of year for us here in the south - and that just keeps getting better right on through to next summer

I am. Didn't even get my boat on the water this season. Mine has been in the garage all summer, and getting ready to put it outside in the driveway as soon as I am able to cover it. My wife's car gets the garage in the winter.

russ010 said:

this is the best time of year for us here in the south - and that just keeps getting better right on through to next summer

Ditto!

russ010 said:

X3!!! Yeah winter is the best time to get that trophy bass down here!

I only bring the boat out for duck season. It will get put away at the end of december.

I couldn't image not fishing the whole winter. We just had a cool front come through last night and the high is 83 degrees today. I'm in shorts getting the boat ready for tomorrow. 8)

Fall patterns are here on Lake Lanier. The spotted bass are on the points and about ready to move into the creeks. As soon as the lake turns over, they will. I was on the water last week and I could smell it's not long from turning over.

hey i am above the mason dixon line and still have 2 tournaments left
the fishing is just gettin good

Yea, I hate this time of year. :(
The guy that stores my tinnie for me is a snow bird. He collects the boats he stores in Oct and then goes to FL. for the winter.
Still some decent weather left though. I fished from the bank today and caught a small bass.

I feel your pain, I put the big boat into storage a couple weeks, ago usually it stays out until mid November but family stuff has put fishing on the back burner. I haven't had it out since mid August so I figured I'd better get it put away. I've still got got my small boat ready to rock in case I get a chance to hit up a small lake in the next week or two before the cold sets in for good.

Every weekend I tell myself I'm going out for some fall fishing, and every weekend I find myself in a tree stand. It's time to figure out how to shrinkwrap this thing and put the whole debate to rest :?

dyeguy1212 said:
Every weekend I tell myself I'm going out for some fall fishing, and every weekend I find myself in a tree stand. It's time to figure out how to shrinkwrap this thing and put the whole debate to rest :?

The nice weather we've been having makes me think we have plenty of time. I'm sure I will wake up one morning look outside and see my boat half full of snow and realize I should have flipped that baby over two months ago. sorry for the hijack but have ya done any good in the woods, I shot my bow 3 days a week for two months telling myself I was gonna hunt real deer this year instead of the foam one in my backyard but that hasn't happened either.

That stinks. It is prime time here.

I was out sight fishing reds yesterday. It got to about 70 degrees and was beautiful.

I hope I don't put mine up at all this winter.

Its still 60-70's here, so not yet. Going to go out tomorrow, that will probably be the last trip. I still have to make room in the garage for it, but in Iowa its usually pretty cold by halloween.

Im going out Saturday and hte first weekend in November. Not sure when Ill put it up for the winter, we still have fall like weather here. Propable in late November I'll store it. Then I have to wait until January for hard water fishing.

This confirms it - I CAN NOT live above the Mason-Dixon line... +1

Going fishing I will be on Neeley Henry (Alabama) Lake 5:00 AM in the morning.

Good luck to all and good Fishing.

:twisted: This is my favorite time of the year. I'm out there all year or until the water freezes.

Attachments

• MaryElmerLake010-1.jpg
    MaryElmerLake010-1.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 340
It isn't winter yet...your putting it up for the fall/
Don't normally put it up till sometime in Dec....after a few skunks in a row.

Latest posts