Aluminum near Atlanta

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolHand

Reaction score
I just thought I would post a quick message. I've been looking for aluminum near Atlanta and striking out. All the roads people seem to have set recycle plans. Buying new is way too expensive. Today I found some. It's not perfect but for me it will work. It's a bit thin. I measured it. Not good with metal sizing but it's 1mm thick or in inches .04 which is a bit weak but the piece I got was already bonded to a 2" sheet of foam which makes it pretty stiff. I'm going to lay C channel for support.

The main reason I am posting is that the person I got it from has many sheets of it for $25 for a 10' x 4' sheet. If you have a better deal great. If not and you would like contact info PM me and I'll pass it on. I'd post the phone # but it doesn't seem right to post someone else's number in the clear.

It is pretty thin. I think it would work with support but I actually contacted someone local about another material for my own build. I'm just afraid it wouldn't hold up over time.