Older 12FT Durolite

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Redmond

Reaction score
I,m chequing out an older Durolite 12 ft aluminum boat, for sale on the net in my area.According to the pics ,looks like a solidly built boat, only rivets showing are for the seats.Does anyone know more about these thanks for any info,,,,Mike

Bought it,could resist the price $300.00 cant go wrong with that.Found some stuff about it on the net.Builder was Duroboats, originally from Seatle Green River Boats or something like that.No rivets on that boat the benches are bolted or srewed in with stainless fasteners,theres three long aluminum tubes under the benches but it doesnt appear that there was ever anything on them execpt support for the benches.Guess I'l have a lot of searching to do on this little boat,,,and again any info or pics would be welcome thanks Mike

If that boat is in good shape…you got it for a steal. Duroboat is a local boat company here and they make a great product. My friend has a 14’ Duroboat and it is very solid. It’s great for lake fishing or going out on the salt water. They’re just really nice boats. https://duroboat.com/

Different kind of building method this little boat has.Two of them cast aluminum thingamigigies were leaking ,the one dead center of the transom, and one on the right of it ,,,unbolted them and cleaned them up, it leaves quite a hole when they are off,,,, wouldnt want that bolt to snap while im out on the lake,,,filled them right up with silicone thats supposed to be made for aluminum, and bolted them back on, dont know if its gona seal it ,,Ill find out out soon enough ,,,gotta go to my union hall tomorow to weld up some of the corners of that stiffenner between the transom and bench, 3 of the corners craked when I removed it, and also theres a leak somewhere along the keel,,,guess this boat gona keep me busy for a while going to need to make a floor, as what I saw on their site ,didnt know it had one in the first palce theres no indications that there ever was one no drill holes in them pipe stiffeners or any indications or clues that there was once a floor in there, pics of that boats inside are hard to come by,,and winter is heading this way,, twas 18C today kinda rare for this time of the year only plus five for tomorrow,boat repairs might have to wait a while,,,,,Mike

Buddy,if I knew how to post pics I,d do it.Twould be my pleasure since I also build boats as a hobby,3 John boats so far a 8ft,a 12ft,and the last one a 14 ft,that would make nice bragging rights,,,But for now as far as tin boats are concerned I would like to know if anyone has used Marine Goop as a sealer for a leaking aluminun boat,,, Thanks Mike

Here is a tutorial on how to post pics to this forum. It's not that difficult once you figure it out. Hope this helps.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3664

Latest posts