Motor selection

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbasser

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a new 1754 tracker grizzly. I think the max HP is 90. I currently have a 20hp and a 35hp both Rudes. Do u think these will push it ok or should I really just look into buying a bigger one? Does anyone have a 25 or 30 on thier 1754? Are these better matches for 1648? I will porbably buy a bigger motor in the future I was just hoping to maybe be ok for a few seasons.

If anyone has a small motor on a 1754 post some pics I'd love to check them out.
Thanks Enrique

My work boat is a Tracker Grizzly 1754 with a 4 stroke Merc 40 HP. It has power tilt also. It will run about 35 max and will cruise at 30.

You should try yours with the 35 and see how it does. Unless you want to go really fast it will work fine.

I really love that boat, it is a tank.

I currently run a '88 30 hp tiller on a 16' semi-V. I know that's a different animal, but mann I love this motor. It pushes it 28 mph and I'm a big boy. I think your 35 hp should work for you as stated above.

That sounds great. Looks like the 35 will do better than I thought. Anyone have any pics of thier 1754s? Let's see them.

That 35 will do you fine. You may tinker around with the trim to get it on plane with a full load and may do some load shifting to get a nice plane like putting batteries up front. Start checking out the price of a 60-70hp motor and that 35 will look just fine.

Latest posts